Lipofilling in the Canary Islands
Improve your shape and your face with natural results
The best Lipofilling treatments in the Canary Islands
The world of aesthetic medicine has a multitude of treatments aimed at improving our image. Among the objectives they seek are: to correct small defects how to eliminate crow's feet, wrinkles on the forehead, to have fuller lips, to lift the chest... But as in any other field there is always a treatment that stands out for its effectiveness. In this case we are talking about our lipofilling procedure at Clínica ICA.
This treatment has been used by celebrities how Jeniffer Lopez, Kim Kardashian and Ylenia, three women of public interest, who have money (or so it seems) and who are always up to date with the best aesthetic treatments. And now, this non-invasive aesthetic medicine treatment is also available for you to use in our clinics.
What is lipofilling treatment?
Lipofilling or lipotransfer is a technique that consists of removing adipose tissue (fat) from one part of the patient's body and transferring it to another part of the body. This operation is performed with the aim of giving the body a better silhouette, removing scars or achieving facial rejuvenation.
There are two types of lipofilling depending on the area of the body on which the treatment is performed:
- Facial lipofilling, which consists of applying the technique to the parts of the face where the patient wishes. In general, the most demanded is usually to increase the volume of the cheekbones, to conceal the furrows (marionette lines) or to repair the facial oval. In this area the technique is particularly effective because it produces extremely long-lasting results. It is ideal for patients who show signs of ageing or how it complements other surgeries.
Body lipotransfer, which is especially useful to recover volume in those areas that have lost it or, on the contrary, to reduce volume in those areas that have too much. The most common areas where the technique is applied are the breasts, buttocks and legs.
Characteristics of lipofilling
It is a treatment that, unlike others, has no contraindications or side effects. This is because the patient's own fat is used to make the desired corrections, so there are no allergies or rejections.
Furthermore, it is important to bear in mind that the adipose tissue that has been grafted will change its appearance depending on the patient's body. For example, if the patient gets fatter, the area where the adipose tissue has been grafted will also get fatter in a very natural way. In this sense, the results achieved are significant, but in no case are they artificial.
Why choose lipofilling treatment in our clinics? Subcutaneous adipose tissue has certain characteristics that make it ideal for different treatments:
- It exists in large quantities, so it can be applied to give shape or how to fill and give volume to the desired area.
- It is not rejected by the body, as it comes from the person himself.
- It contains a host of growth factors, which promotes healing, collagen creation and promotes circulation.
- It is a major supplier of stem cells.
What liposculpture is used for?
Lipofilling treatment, how we have explained above, can be used mainly to transfer fat from one part of the body to another. Therefore, it is very useful in the following situations:
- - Rejuvenating and volumising the face.
- - To get rid of stubborn fat.
- - To give volume To certain parts of the body.
Book a free consultation
Fill in the form below and we will contact you to tell you what the next steps are.
Frequently asked questions about lipofilling at ICA
What is lipofilling treatment for?
In addition to some of the applications we have already mentioned how to increase the volume of the desired area and facial rejuvenation, lipotransfer can also be used for the treatment of scars. On the other hand, it is also worth mentioning an application that has been used in recent times, which is the treatment of neuropathic pain.
As with any aesthetic treatment, there are benefits such as improved self-esteem, increased confidence, and the return to the image you want. All this with a natural result and in a simple and risk-free way.
How long does it take to get the results of lipofilling?
The results are visible from the first few weeks due to the inflammation caused by the body fat grafting. Between the first and third month this swelling disappears. It is possible to have the sensation that many cells have been absorbed, but in reality it is most likely that they have not survived. Finally, after the third month the result is noticeable, safe and reliable. From this point on the grafted fat tissue will behave like natural body fat.
The correct reabsorption of the fat depends on the three steps we have mentioned about the technique, that is why it is important that you put yourself in good hands. At Clínica ICA we are experts in lipofilling in Tenerife and La Palma and we can help you achieve the best results.
How does lipofilling work?
Since Dr. Colleman developed the technique in the nineties, it has been perfected to the present day. It currently consists of 3 steps:
- A previous intervention based on liposuction to remove the adipose tissue to be used.
- The body fat that has been removed must be treated by a process of centrifugation, washing or decanting. This process is carried out in order to keep only the fatty tissue that is of most interest to us and to remove those parts that are useless, which ensures that the results are long-lasting.
- Once we have treated the fat, we proceed to graft it in the desired area using special cannulas for this work.
In order for the result to be adequate, this must be carried out meticulously. In order for the new tissues to be absorbed well, they should not be grafted in large volumes in a single session.
During the treatment, depending on the case and the area, local or general anaesthesia may be applied.