Treatment for acne scars
We remove acne scars in the Canary Islands
The daily life of a person with acne can become very complicated. No matter how much the papules and pustules dissipate, acne can leave scars or blemishes on the skin, especially in cases of more pronounced acne or after a particularly virulent outbreak.
Many people try to remove acne scars on their own, but struggle with this problem for years without success. Fortunately, at Clínica ICA we have the most effective treatments for the improvement of skin affected by this condition.
Many individuals have been able to regain smooth, attractive skin thanks to our acne scar removal treatment. Would you like to be next?
Remove acne scars
Today there are several methods to remedy acne scars. Of course, the best solution to prevent these scars from appearing is to be careful enough to prevent them from appearing. As with so many other aesthetic problems, prevention will always be your best ally in the fight against acne scars.
But what happens once scarring has occurred? Depending on the type of scar that has formed, it will be more advisable to use one treatment or another. The following is a brief overview of the most common types of acne scars:
- Atrophic scars. These are those that are hidden in the skin. They are formed by the lack of regeneration of collagen and fibrinous tissue in the development of scarring.
- Hypertrophic scars. They are observable by an elevation of the complexion. Instead of an inflamed defect, the skin generates a worse quality tissue.
Keloids. When the scars of the previous group continue to develop and extend to other parts of the epidermis, this process is called keloids. They are characterized by a purple or reddish color when they appear.
Best treatments to remove acne scars
Once scars have appeared as a result of an outbreak, there are some very effective treatments to treat the different types. Depending on your case, at Clínica ICA we will recommend one or another to achieve the best results. Some of the most effective are the following:
- Dermabrasion. It is a very effective treatment for facial scars. At Clínica ICA we use a metal brush or a wheel to deeply exfoliate the top layer of the skin.
- Chemical peelings . In this treatment we use powerful acids that remove the top layer of the complexion with the goal of reducing deep scars. Some peels are not too strong and therefore can be applied at home. However, at ICA we use special blends that produce much more noticeable results.
- Laser scar removal . This acne scar removal treatment is based on the same principle as chemical peel. It uses a concentrated beam of light to remove the top layers of skin.
- Micro-needling. This procedure uses a roller with needles that is passed over the surface of the scar. The needles pierce the skin, but do not go through it. As the skin heals, it produces collagen and recovers its original appearance.
Depending on your case, Clínica ICA will recommend one procedure or another so that you can achieve the best results.
CO2 laser to remove acne scars
Among the treatments that exist to remove scars, one of the most effective is the use of CO2 laser. This therapy is completely personalized, and is performed using a computer that allows you to parameterize all the data and choose the setting that best suits your personal situation.
The CO2 laser treatment removes the upper layers of the skin so that you can regain a smooth and attractive complexion. At the end of the session the skin will be affected and a little red, but the effects will disappear in a few hours giving you great results.
If you want to know more about this treatment, ask for more information or make an appointment with us to solve your doubts.
Book a free consultation
Fill in the form below and we will contact you to tell you what the next steps are.
Frequently asked questions about the removal of acne scars
How many sessions are needed?
Although each case is different, in general most treatments only require a maximum of 4 sessions organized in different intervals based on your needs.
We recommend that you contact us so that we can make a personalized study of your case.
Is the treatment to remove acne scars dangerous?
Not at all. Even the most "invasive" treatments that we perform at ICA are totally respectful of your health and have hardly any side effects.
Even so, on the day of your first free appointment we will answer all your questions and help you make the best decision for you.